December 15, 2008

But this is not a mistake.


I just woke up. It`s pretty early today & it`s actually cold. A miracle here in tropical Philippines. But, the sunrise from my window is even more of a miracle. It`s still dark, but you can see the edges are slightly glowing. It`s like...a beautiful ombré fabric of the darkest midnight blue & royal blue. Exquisite. I am not really a religious person, but seeing something as amazing as this... There must be a God.

In the few minutes that I organized my thoughts & typed them down, the sky has lightened. I finally take out my camera & take a photo of it. It is a pretty photograph, but the real thing is so much better. I don`t know how to capture it. Actually, I don`t even think I could. But still, I want to remember this moment.

I am not a good person. Lying is a constant part of my life, cheating helps me pass those quizzes that I normally will fail miserably, I`ve subjected my body to smoke, alcohol & sinful things...but I am still alive. Someone up there has forgiven me enough to grant me one more day, one more beautiful sunrise, one more breath, one more blink, one more word typed on the computer...& I am so grateful. This entry is about my realization that even though I am imperfect in every way possible & I feel like I want to die at times, I have something to live for. I have my friends who support me even though I sometimes don`t value them as much as they deserve, I have my family who still cares for me, even after all my fights with them, I`ve met an amazing boy who makes me feel like I am magnificent & I have one more day to make everything better.

& this day is a particularly beautiful day.
"Happy sixteenth.", I whisper to myself.

6 comments:

  1. the last line reminds me of MY birthday blog entry, i remember typing the exact same thing. Only your birthday entry is really positive and enlightening, I compared my birthday to a speedrace turned underaged driving resulting to spending my birthday in jail ahahahaha.

    Im happy you had a good day vida :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got it from you. ;) But, if you don`t want it there, I can delete it. Hahahaha ! I did, thank you. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahaha I want it there, i do i do!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, great ! It ties the whole thing together. Thanks, Boo. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im so jealous of the way you guys write, it's like.. roar! And i love this entry.

    Hah, just decided to add that the word verification for this comment is "explow". Hah, weird word. Do you think there's a person who has to come up with words for verification? Like he'd sit there all day just coming up with random words? OK im rambling, so imma post this now. bye.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha ! Thanks. :D I like the way you write more. =; :))
    Well, that`s a cool job. I can think of words right now. Like...bajiggly? =))

    ReplyDelete