December 25, 2008

For 2009, remember.

Sometimes it rains, sometimes it is sunny.
There are moments you want to be alone; at others you do not.
There are days you feel more like McDonald’s than foie gras.
Sometimes we want to walk, other times ride a bike.
Sometimes you would like to go out with the right person,
other times you must go out with the wrong one.
There are certain days we are dying to have some cachaça,
other days, too. Sometimes we wake up feeling like listening to Dalida,
and we fall asleep to Arvo Part. Other times it is the other way around.
There are days we want to be just in our trunks.
Others, not even in our trunks.
One day we think São Paulo is very ugly. Other days, too.
Some times we want to go around singing,
other times we realize how ridiculous it is.
Once we love, another time we do not.
Now, if you are walking, with the right person, on a sunny day,
listening to Chris Montez… all of these together, mixed this way…
this might be happiness. Yet, if you prefer to ride your bike in the rain,
with the wrong person, listening to Arvo Part in São Paulo,
that also might be happiness.
In life, each of us mixes these ingredients as we please.
That’s where the fun lies.
- Isay Weinfield

I feel like being unapologetic. Why? Because I do know, better than anyone else, what will make me happy. Sure, you`re right. I will get hurt & I will stumble. I`ll fail, I`ll cry & I`ll damn the whole world for bringing its weight crashing on me. But guess what? After that, I`ll stand up, brush the dirt away from my skinny black Sevens, straighten my bright red blazer & wink at you like a true champion.

Because I can`t learn to walk without having experienced a fall.
& that fall will strengthen me.

6 comments:

  1. Because I can`t learn to walk without having experienced a fall.
    & that fall will strengthen me


    TRUE.
    Very good realizations vida,
    you will be stronger... than yesterday, now its nothing but my way? my loneliness is killing me.. no more? I am stronger!!

    .... and I quote from, Britney Spears.

    AHAHAHAHA
    I love you vida, always always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that song ! (I forgot about it, though.)
    I love you too, Boo. >:D< You will always be my boo. =))
    Who sang that again? :-/ :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. AHAHAHAHAHHA
    Usher! Feat. Alicia Keys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to comment on how awesome that post was, but i dont want to ruin the musical love going through this way.

    But too late :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha ! `s`alright :)) Thanks, Jo. =))

    ReplyDelete